Sunday, October 18, 2009

Giving back

It's more than a photograph, the one I cherish most of my sister. It's hard to label it so simply. But it's very important, it's a direct link to the love I had for her, how beautiful she was and how much she is missed. I'm talking about Cathi, she was two years my elder, who passed away in 1978.
Recently I realized how healing it could be for me to be around sick children and began to search for a perfect volunteer opportunity that combined my unique contribution with a way of giving. I found Soulumination. If my scanner were working I'd attach the precious photo of her, perhaps on a later post. But for now I'm grateful to be accepted as a photographer for this amazing program that provides families with photos of their sick children. My first shoot is Nov. 30.

4 comments:

  1. OMG this is amazing! One of my biggest regrets is not taking the photos of Cathi's hands and feet that your mom wanted, I just didn't get around to it, and maybe I was in a bit of denial. What a wonderful thing for you to do. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I msut go through my photos again and find more for you.

    ReplyDelete